Please join us for Ray’s Open House on Thursday, September 13th, from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Welcome back to school! I look forward to an exciting and productive school year. As in the past, I am committed to creating a classroom culture where all students can experience academic, social and emotional success. I value your input and look forward to quality home-school collaborative relationships. Through our joint efforts of working together in school and at home, I know this will be another year of development, growth, and achievement for your child.
Fun Math Websites for Kids
- ABCmouse.com (Free for 30 days)
- Math.com (Try 10 free practice problems)
- Coolmath4kids.com (math games)
Here is How you can use this list:
- Introduce your child to the list (show your child, hang it up, read them).
- Read all of the words to your child (every day) and explain that s/he will be learning a new word every day (or every other day). Be excited about it.
- On day one, see if your child knows any of the words. If s/he does, put a sticker, a check mark or a smiley face to the left of the word. If not, that’s ok! S/he will.
- Every single day, go over the new words, as well as the OLD words that they know. Start out by going over the old words with the sticker and then picking a new word. Say it, spell it, say it again and ask your child to repeat it. During the day, talk about that word and go back to the wall where it is hanging to look at it. Do this at least 3 times.
- Continue to add a sticker, check mark, or a smiley face to the new words, until the whole list has been completed. From then on,you can just review them every day or every few days.
2/21 9:15 am grades in attendance k-3rd
2/21 2:00 pm grades in attendance 4th-8th
2/21 Evening Celebration from 4:30-7:30 pm